HR support for startups
Our refreshingly personal HR support service will get your contracts and policies sorted, and be there to steer you through any HR issues you encounter as your startup develops.
- Unlimited expert HR advice
- Staff handbook and contracts sorted
- Time-saving HR software
- Flexible terms
- Competitive pricing
The HR service that helps you take on the world
We’ll review your contracts and update them in line with employment law and your charity’s needs.
We’ll put the policies in place that create a positive working environment and protect your business.
Health and Safety
We’ll equip you with a health and safety policy, risk assessment forms and automate your processes
Unlimited HR advice
Access to our expert, CIPD-qualified consultants whenever you need it.
Powerful HR software
A secure employee database where you can manage holiday, log absences, file expenses and much, much more.
Payroll made easy
Streamline your payroll process.
Starting a business is incredibly hard. You’ve got to get your product or service right and persuade people to change their behaviour to start to buy from you. And you need to know about marketing, sales, service, finance. On top of all that, if your young business needs to take on employees, there’s a whole lot more you need to know and do.
And if you decide to wing it to begin with, you’re at risk of financial penalties which could literally cost thousands of pounds if you get something wrong.
We can help.
How our service can help with HR for startups
In short, we can give you everything you need when you first take on staff, with our HR for startups including:
- Employment contracts and policies: we will provide you with appropriate employment contracts, a complete Staff Handbook (employment policies) and even a set of forms and checklists.
- HR advice when you need it with unlimited access to HR consultants over the phone and a series of guides to help you with everything from hiring to firing.
- HR admin support- including holiday calculations, appraisals, timesheets, and more – made easy with powerful web-based HR software designed by us for UK small businesses and startups.
- Keeping you legal. Employment law changes frequently; we will keep on top of these changes, send you legal updates, and let you know if any of them are important for you. Our system will also send you warnings if you pay less than minimum wage, for example, or if one of your employee’s work permit runs out.
We’re the only HR service to offer all this for startups in the UK.
Terms that put you first
Monthly rolling contract, no lock-ins.
We’ll tailor everything we do to your needs.
Powerful HR software
HR that's fit for modern businesses.
Employment law experts
Our in-house legal team have decades of experience.
Running a small business is complex enough, so we’ve made our pricing structure and our terms simple and flexible.
- No set up fees
- No minimum contract
- No hidden charges
How it works
£7 per employee
£50 flat fee
per month (plus VAT)
Work it out
Join 500+ happy customers
- Highlight PR
- Sound Financial
- Plus 1 Communications
- The Filter
- Dove and Hawk
"I really value being able to pick up the phone whenever I need advice and speak to a friendly expert I can trust. And the software saves us huge amounts of time - essential for a busy PR agency!”
– Nick Vellacott, Highlight PR
“citrusHR have taken us through contract reviews and provided us with a fantastic staff handbook and employment documents. We’ve also found the ability to set and track employee goals within the system has really helped us to manage performance.”
– Anna Hall, Sound Financial
“HR is technically and legally complex, and laws and regulations are constantly changing. citrusHR keep on top of this in a way that we simply couldn’t do ourselves.”
– Ricky Ghai, Plus 1 Communications
“Having quick, easy access to expert advice has given us the reassurance that we're following the right HR procedures and our business is protected.”
– Jen Collins, The Filter
“The set up process was really easy and it was nice to know there was advice on hand whenever we needed it. The citrusHR consultant went above and beyond our expectations.”
– Matthew Squirrell, Dove and Hawk
Talk To Us
Ask a question or request a demo
- Bespoke, legally compliant contracts and policies
- Expert HR advice whenever you need it
- Minimise the risk of costly employment tribunals
Much, much more…