HR support for small businesses
Our refreshingly personal HR support service will get your contracts and policies sorted, and be there to steer you through any HR issues you face while running your business.
- Unlimited expert HR advice
- Staff handbook and contracts sorted
- Time-saving HR software
- Flexible terms
- Competitive pricing
The HR service that helps you realise your true potential
We’ll review your contracts and update them in line with employment law and your charity’s needs.
We’ll put the policies in place that create a positive working environment and protect your business.
Health and Safety
We’ll equip you with a health and safety policy, risk assessment forms and automate your processes
Unlimited HR advice
Access to our expert, CIPD-qualified consultants whenever you need it.
Powerful HR software
A secure employee database where you can manage holiday, log absences, file expenses and much, much more.
Payroll made easy
Streamline your payroll process.
It is much harder for a small business to stay up to date and in compliance with employment law than it is for larger organisations, which have HR departments to do that. At most small businesses it will be the owner or Financial Controller or Office Manager who is told to look after HR issues on top of all their other duties.
It takes an enormous amount of time to find out what is changing and how it affects your small company. Of course, that is why HR services exist. And there are lots to choose from, including huge national companies and small local consultants. But lots of small businesses don’t like these options. Some find them too expensive, others find the national firms too impersonal, while lots don’t like having to sign a contract to pay hundreds of pounds a month for one, three or more years.
So it is not all that surprising that recent research showed lots of small businesses try to “wing it” without getting any HR support at all. Yet sadly that is a much braver choice than most small businesses realise. There are lots of employment laws today which could cost even small businesses literally many thousands of pounds in penalties or damages if they get it wrong, which is easy to do. They aren’t all obvious.
citrusHR was launched to offer a fresh approach, specifically to help small businesses in the UK with HR support.
How we can help with HR for small business
- We offer full support on employment contracts and policies, as you would expect.
- Our fully qualified, friendly HR consultants can advise on any other HR issue you might have.
- We charge affordable rates that are transparent.
- We don’t lock you in with long contracts—our customers pay us monthly in advance and are free to cancel whenever they like.
- We keep track of all changes to employment law, publish clear guides to all the changes which might affect our customers, and let you know in one short monthly email enough to decide if you need to spend time looking at any of them- so you can relax, knowing we’ve got you covered.
- We have developed our own web-based software with all kinds of tools to save you time on HR admin and let you know about key dates or issues in advance with enough time to sort them out before they become a problem. This is designed with small businesses in mind and is really friendly and easy to learn and use.
- We have a large and growing set of Management Guides which explain clearly how all aspects of employing people work in small businesses, covering everything from hiring to firing and everything in between.
Terms that put you first
Monthly rolling contract, no lock-ins.
We’ll tailor everything we do to your needs.
Powerful HR software
HR that's fit for modern businesses.
Employment law experts
Our in-house legal team have decades of experience.
Running a small business is complex enough, so we’ve made our pricing structure and our terms simple and flexible.
- No set up fees
- No minimum contract
- No hidden charges
Join 500+ happy customers
- Highlight PR
- Sound Financial
- Plus 1 Communications
- The Filter
- Dove and Hawk
"I really value being able to pick up the phone whenever I need advice and speak to a friendly expert I can trust. And the software saves us huge amounts of time - essential for a busy PR agency!”
– Nick Vellacott, Highlight PR
“citrusHR have taken us through contract reviews and provided us with a fantastic staff handbook and employment documents. We’ve also found the ability to set and track employee goals within the system has really helped us to manage performance.”
– Anna Hall, Sound Financial
“HR is technically and legally complex, and laws and regulations are constantly changing. citrusHR keep on top of this in a way that we simply couldn’t do ourselves.”
– Ricky Ghai, Plus 1 Communications
“Having quick, easy access to expert advice has given us the reassurance that we're following the right HR procedures and our business is protected.”
– Jen Collins, The Filter
“The set up process was really easy and it was nice to know there was advice on hand whenever we needed it. The citrusHR consultant went above and beyond our expectations.”
– Matthew Squirrell, Dove and Hawk
- Bespoke, legally compliant contracts and policies
- Expert HR advice whenever you need it
- Minimise the risk of costly employment tribunals
Much, much more…