If you are a qualified employment lawyer from an in-house or private practice background, this is a superb opportunity to take on a rewarding role that you can fit around your existing commitments.
We’re a fresh, vibrant human resources support company that provides outstanding HR software and support. Due to ongoing growth, we are now looking for an In-House Employment Lawyer to join our team on a part time basis.
You will need to be a qualified Employment Lawyer who is eligible to practice in the UK with some post qualification experience, but you may have decided that you’d like to work outside of the traditional legal environment or are looking for a new and interesting challenge.
Ideally, you’ll be a champion of a more modern, pragmatic approach to Employment Law and seeking a better work-life balance – both of which this role can provide. You will want to help us in our mission to make good HR accessible to all businesses.
As an In-House Employment Lawyer, your role is to ensure that we as a business remain legally compliant, specifically focusing on the HR documentation we provide to our customers.
This is not a fee earning position and is generally not customer-facing, however, you may occasionally be required to provide direct advice to customers.
Specifically, your duties will involve:
- Reviewing, maintaining and developing employment policies that are provided to customers
- Reviewing and developing contractual documents, covering all contract types, from zero hours and subcontractor agreements to permanent contracts
- Ensuring that all guidance documentation is legally compliant
- Researching, creating and editing legal updates to ensure that customers are aware of key legal developments
- Providing internal training on legal changes when necessary
- Continuing to develop a suite of GDPR documents and guidance, both for customers and to ensure our client’s own compliance in this area
- Providing legal advice and guidance to our client’s team of HR Consultants for complex cases
Please note, this is a part time role, working three days a week.
- Salary of £40,000 – £50,000 DOE pro rata
- Supportive and vibrant environment
- Join a talented team helping small businesses to navigate their way through the world of HR
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Offices in central Bath
- Other great benefits including free fruit, refreshments, and a monthly cheese delivery to the office
Apply for this role
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an In-House Employment Lawyer, you can apply via WebRecruit.