Role: HR Advisor
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5:30pm
Location: Bath, England (we offer Hybrid working but 2 or 3 days a week in the office will be required)
Start date: ASAP
Citrus HR is a fast-growing business based in Bath with a team of around 40. We provide small and medium-sized employers with powerful online HR software and expert HR advice that makes it easy for them to manage their people and reach their true potential.
We’re looking for a passionate and hardworking HR Advisor to join our growing team. You will likely be a graduate (but not essentially), ideally with experience working in an HR role, looking to gain more experience in the world of HR. You may be currently working in a HR Officer/ HR Administrator role and be ready for your next move.
The purpose of the role is to work closely with our team of HR Consultants, delivering HR advice and helping customers to get all their employment documents in order. Employment contracts and policies will form a large part of your role, as well as using our great HR software to reduce the HR admin burden for our customers.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your HR Generalist skills and progress to providing some generalist advice to our customers alongside the onboarding and contract and policy aspect of the role. Our current advisor team spend one day a week each on general advice after successful completion of the probation.
We also offer a great Advisor training programme which will help you develop to a junior consultant role and provide a in depth grounding in Employment Relations issues.
What you’ll do
- Reviewing and updating our customers employment documents, including contracts, handbooks and policies.
- Provide guidance to our customers on improvements they can make to their documentation.
- Work closely with our HR Consultants to provide pragmatic HR advice across a range of HR topics to our small business customers via phone and email.
- Manage a busy workload, supporting numerous customers and prioritising tasks as new work arises.
- Get to know our fresh software so that customers get the most out of our joined up approach to HR Software and Support.
- Work with and gain valuable experience from a supportive team of HR colleagues who will mentor, coach and develop you.
- Seek to continually improve how we work and support our customers.
What we’re looking for
- You’ll be CIPD level 5 as a minimum or working towards this, and ideally have a degree (or equivalent) in a business or HR related subject.
- You’re passionate about HR and keen to develop and grow.
- You’re a team player, and recognise the importance of working together.
- You’ve got a good eye for detail and are keen to use it to make a difference.
- You’re really comfortable with technology- standard office software and apps, and ideally have worked with at least 1 different type of HR software.
- You have spent around a year working in a HR admin/ officer/ advisor role already.
- Salary of £22-28k DOE
- Supportive and vibrant environment
- Individual development plan
- Working with a talented team helping small businesses to navigate their way through the world of HR
- Generous Pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance – 25 days plus bank holidays
- 2 Wellbeing days per year ( after probation passed)
- Life assurance 4 x basic salary
- Offices in central Bath, with optional hybrid work available too – you’ll need to be in the office at least 2 to 3 days per week (more during probation)
- Other great benefits including free fruit, artisan coffee and tea when in the office, social lunches, and departmental social activities
Interested? To have a chat about this role in more detail please contact Laura Ranaghan, HR consultant on LauraR@citrushr.com or call 0333 014 3888.