We are looking for an ambitious Customer Development Specialist to join the sales and marketing team at citrusHR.
citrusHR is a fast-growing startup based in Bath with a team of 20 staff. We provide small and medium-sized employers with powerful online HR software and expert HR advice that takes the pain out of running a small business.
As a Customer Development Specialist, you will be responsible for helping prospective customers establish whether citrusHR’s HR software is the right fit for them.
To achieve this, you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of the HR needs of the small business sector, as well as in-depth knowledge of how our software and service is delivered (we’ll help you with both of these!). You’ll then use your friendly, helpful manner to bring the two together.
You’ll provide demos over the phone and via video conferences and you’ll host weekly webinars. You’ll work with the Marketing Director to create a programme of communications that helps software triallists to convert to paid subscribers; and support the onboarding process for larger customers.
In short, you’ll spend your days showing prospective customers how citrusHR can help their businesses to succeed.
Ideally, you’ll have experience working in a role where talking to customers about software is your day to day, but it’s not a deal-breaker. What matters most is a desire to get under the skin of citrusHR’s customers and help them to succeed by using our service and/or software. You’ll also need to be passionate about technology and be constantly striving to find new ways of bringing efficiency and creativity to your role.
- Build rapport with potential customers
- Identify and communicate the ways citrusHR can help their business to succeed
- Perform live demos of citrusHR’s software to prospective customers
- Curate and manage automated email flows that help software free-trial users to realise the value of citrusHR’s online platform.
- Collaborate with Customer Service teams to ensure smooth hand-off before and after onboarding
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to provide feedback on customer needs (feature and benefits hierarchies etc)
- Exceptional communication skills both written & verbal
- Comfortable presenting to prospective customers via web conference
- Passionate about technology
- Passionate about helping businesses to succeed
- Strong interpersonal skills & proven success in cross-functional collaboration
- Proficient with Excel, experience with CRM or SaaS support software is a plus
- 1+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and a drive to learn
- Strong organisational skills
What you get
- The chance to work in a vibrant, fun and growing business
- Competitive salary, (plus pension scheme, 28 days holiday which will increase the longer you stay with us)
- Other great benefits including free fruit, refreshments, and a monthly cheese delivery to the office
For more information, get in touch referencing this job title.