At the start of 2020, the Coronavirus was unheard of. Fast forward to March, and it’s completely transformed our day-to-day lives from whole businesses working from home to restaurants, gyms and even some schools shutting down.
From a business perspective, it’s incredibly challenging trying to get to grips with the new ‘normal’, particularly on the HR Front with new government legislation getting released almost daily as well as more staff working remotely and taking absences due to self-isolation and sickness.
As it’s our mission here at citrus HR to help our customers manage their staff, our whole team have been working hard developing a new range of Coronavirus guides and software features to help them get through the challenging times ahead.
Here’s a brief summary of what we’ve done so far to help our customers get through Coronavirus:
- More friendly, expert advice over the phone than ever!
- Our in-house legal team has published Legal Updates as fast as humanly possible with each new change introduced by the Government
- Our HR team has published Tips and Advice about how best to manage staff through these tough times
- New software features have been added to help you track new issues
- We’ve pitched the need for Partial Furlough Support to Government and their key advisors the TUC and CBI
And our message is clear — we’re here for you, and are working harder than ever to help you get through this.
We don’t just want your company to survive, we want to help you be in the best possible position to come out of this strongly in due course.
Specifics we’ve added in the last 3 weeks include:
- Coronavirus FAQ’s: This document answers most employment questions our customers have had’ we have already updated this 3 times, and will continue to do so
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme: A guide with our advice so far on the Furlough scheme.
- An Online Petition: https://www.change.org/p/partial-furlough-support-please.
- Coronavirus – Workplace Strategies to Consider: a guide with advice on how to manage staff in these special times.
- Self-Isolation Tracker: a simple tool to track who’s self-isolating with easy export to help you claim SSP back when the Government scheme is ready.
- Furlough Tracker: we’ve added Furloughs as a new Absence type so you can track who’s where, when. We will link this to Payroll Reporting next to save you hours.
- Furlough Letters: creating the letters you need to help with furloughing staff.
- Covid19-Tracking: we’ve added Cobid19 as a new sickness type so you can keep your records up to date, with reports letting you calculate the direct staff cost of this to your company.