One of our key values when visiting potential customers is not to ‘oversell’ we too are a small business and recognise that generally small businesses just need enough to ‘get by’. The main purpose of this first HR review is to understand:-
- Gaps between your practices and the law, and advise you best on how to fill this.
- Your preferred method of working with a HR company e.g. onsite support, over the phone, e-mail advice.
- Your business priorities, and how we can help to reduce the HR administrative burden
A few example questions that may be explored during an initial document review are:-
- What are your strengths and weak points in your staffing habits?
- Do you have/need a ‘non compete’ clause in your employment contract, preventing your staff leaving and working for your competitors?
- Does your contract of employment meet ‘auto enrolment requirements’
- Do you have staff working from home?
- What is your sick pay policy, is this reflected in your contract?